The job of the CNC Machinist is to produce high precision components using various machine tools in accordance with engineering drawings, blueprints, and detailed process instructions, Set up/trouble shoot, train operators. Assuring all machines are operated in the most efficient and safe manner. Maintain complete inspection reports.
• Eefficiently operate CNC machining & turning centers per all company, safety, quality, and production policies.
• Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
• Evaluate procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved quality and efficiency.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and process sheets.
• Assuring 1st article process refinement including optimization adjustments of program and machine.
• Maintain detailed repair, non-conformance reports, and inspection and certification records pertaining to his/her work are all compliant.
• Set-up & operation of CNC machinery in a prototype & production environment.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Manufacture components to exacting quality and productivity expectations.
• Reading text, Writing, Oral communication, working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, critical thinking.
• Verify dimensions of machined parts using precision measuring instruments.
Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
• CNC machinist with a minimum of 5 years’ job shop experience, technical college diploma or equivalent
• Aviation/aerospace or precision manufacturing experience a definite asset.
• Ability to consistently work to tight tolerance and GDT specifications with minimal Non-conformance.
• Familiarity with Fanuc and or Heidenhain controllers.
• Experience with setup and operation of both 3 axis vertical and 5-axis machines.
• Experience with setup and operation multi axis turn mill machines.
• Capable of performing routine maintenance on equipment.
• University or Technical College diploma or equivalent experience in the field of CNC Machining.
3 POINTS AVIATION USES THE FOLLOWING MACHINES AND SOFTWARE IN OUR FACILITY:
Mikron, 5 axes, HMS 600, CNC Milling Center
Mikron, 5 axes, HPM 450, CNC Milling Center
Nakamura-Tome, NTMX, 9 axes, Turning Center
Nakamura-Tome, SC-300M, 3 axes, Turning Center
Jet-Edge, Two Head, 100psi, Water Jet
AgieCharmill, Wire EDM, AC-Classic
AgieCharmill, Drill 20
Hyper-Mill (5 Axes Milling)
Esprit (9 Axes Turning)
Sigmanest (Water Jet Cutting)
Esprit (Wire EDM)
SolidWorks (Fixture / Drawing, Design)
Salary based on experience