Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Samsung Canada R&D is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions. With the launch of Samsung KNOX™ and Samsung Pay, we are continuing to develop, operate and support these new solutions in the global market, as well as develop and support the next generation of IoT solutions including SmartThings and IoT Cloud to connect current and future devices in new exciting ways.
Why We Want You
You have a passion for design, collaboration, and seeing your work actually being used by end users. You read about new technologies and share the latest with your co-workers. You emanate positivity, even when things get rough, and you are a consummate professional. Your attention to detail sets you apart from other candidates and you go the extra mile for the small things. You know when it's time for heads down work and when to innovate. Most importantly, your attitude sets you apart and you elevate the team with your presence.
(What You'll Do)
- Work with talented developers. We have the best and brightest at Samsung. Working in small or large teams, you'll have the opportunity to learn new technologies
- Work on the next generation of IoT products.
- Influence Product Design. Product Owners need input from developers on best practices, scalability, and how common components can fit together. If you have ever done any SaaS work before you'll surely have influenced your way building scalable and robust systems.
- Instill Best Practices. Using the same component multiple times? No JavaDocs? Well it's up to you to help shape how things should be done. From unit testing to code reviews. We want to see your passion for design and re-use.
(Who You Are)
- First and foremost, you are a team player and know how to work well with others
- Proficiency with Java, Groovy, Scala or similar programming languages
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and JSON
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with at least 2Web Service framework(s) (J2EE, SpringBoot, Dropwizard, Netty, Ratpack)
- Single Sign On and OAuth 2.0
- Experience with ORM's (Hibernate, JPA)
- HTTP Webservers (Tomcat, NodeJS)
- Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of AWS services EC2, S3, RDS, etc
- Experience with GIT, Perforce
- Experience with RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka
- Experience with distributed multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and databases
- Experience with functional programming
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
- Ability to present technical challenges and solutions effectively
- Ability to think and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.