This role is responsible for working within the Statistics group and will report to the Statistics Manager. Key duties include assisting with billing investigations for the business in order to save money, find inefficiencies, identify problems and verify business requirements are met. Typical work will involve database queries and existing data warehouses to fulfil business investigation needs.
- Reviewing payment and financial data to identify any errors, problems, or scenarios that are causing unneeded cost.
- Develop standard reports, and processes to keep critical metrics in line (revenue, cost, conversions broken down by key areas).
- Optimize data structures (databases) for statistical analysis.
- Integrate data feeds from external partners (such as transaction feeds from credit card processors).
- Gather and analyze web site and financial performance data to prepare regular reports for the statistics team.
- Audit financial data for the purposes of reconciliation and risk monitoring.
- Analyze user behaviour to make proposals for improvements to the prediction and risk models.
- Assist with the formalization and documentation of departmental procedures.
- Use available data to assist the development team in troubleshooting software bugs.
- Conduct routine maintenance of databases and analysis tools.
- Working on accounting reports, sales reports, member value reports, and email reports.
- Design report visualizations (including charts and graphs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience with relational database development, with a solid understanding of MySQL, database design, and optimization.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
- Ability to manage timelines and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent math, logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Exception attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of financial risk models, actuary experience considered an asset.