WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from "me" to "we." Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE - Making good, doable.
WE is seeking a strong leader to work as Chief of Staff to one of the Co-Founders of WE Charity. The Chief of Staff will act as a trusted partner and advisor to the Co-Founder ensuring alignment and fulfillment of the Executive Office activities and organizational priorities and lead a growing team. The individual will oversee the day-to-day management of the Co-Founder's communications, business development, relationship and stakeholder management, project management, research, and operational needs.
The Chief of Staff reports to the Head of the Executive Office and is responsible for the successful leadership and management of a team of 10 people.
The successful candidate must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization-the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based in Toronto at the WE Global Learning Centre (339 Queen St. E)
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Team Liaison:
- Act as the main contact for other senior leaders in the organization working with the Co-Founder, to assist in strategy, problem-solving, process development and fulfillment of deliverables
- Work to bring forward priorities as identified by the Co-Founder, and ensure fulfilment and alignment with other teams such as Donor Engagement, Strategy, WE Day and Marketing
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Co-Founder on organizational updates, priorities and processes
- Partner with the Co-Founder's Executive Assistant and Manager, Speaker Support to ensure thorough preparation for meetings, WE Day and speaking events, and that the Co-Founder is well-prepared, and that travel logistics/overall schedule is managed and optimized
- Leverage strong written and oral communication skills and presentation development skills for guiding discussions and presenting information to internal and external audiences
- Develop draft communications on behalf of the Co-Founder ranging from correspondence, internal announcements to the organization, to various presentation materials for internal and external meetings
- Provide leadership, set priorities and develop processes for the Co-Founder's communications with a strong focus on correspondence and stakeholder engagement
- Develop strategy and execution for the Co-Founder's social media
- Collaborate with the organization's Public Relations, WE Day event, and Donor Engagement teams to deliver results and ensure alignment of messages and outreach efforts
- Review final deliverables to ensure consistency, creativity and quality control
Relationship Management and Business Development:
- Lead the team in effectively engaging stakeholders in opportunities and events that arise, including developing guest lists, invitation process and communication plans and liaising with related departments, including WE Day, as needed
- Represent the Co-Founder in special projects or campaign meetings that involve multiple departments specifically focused on stakeholder engagement and communications
- Personally, manage and nurture key relationships for the Co-Founder as appropriate, including dignitaries, government representatives, and partners
- Support in bringing on new partnerships to the organization as required on behalf of the Co-Founder
- Nurture relationships and take part in ideation, program creation and design
Operations and Project Management:
- Apply superior project management skills to define initiatives with limited starting information, create a plan or strategy, and execute on it
- Personally, manage special projects on behalf of Co-Founder
- Leverage solid business acumen and competency in identifying, comprehending and synthesizing complex information to brief and prepare the Co-Founder as required
- Drive the creation of necessary marketing and strategy materials
- Work to ensure the successful launch of new initiatives for the Co-Founder, and effective pass off to other departments as required
- Ability to recognize, anticipate and resolve organizational, operational or process challenges
Human Resources and Team Management:
- Responsible for overseeing a team of 10, including driving priorities related to the above activities, performing regular check-ins and ensuring that deadlines and priorities are met
- Accountable for supporting each team member's Growth and Success Plans
- Help the team to problem solve, exercise sound judgement, and to develop sound processes for efficiency and accountability
- Help to facilitate a culture of open and honest communication within the team
Qualifications and Skills
- Seven years+ of relevant professional experience related to executive communications and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to create and maintain strong interpersonal relationships and a highly effective network
- A passion for and experience in leading a young and growing team
- Strong project management and internal process-building skills
- Strong skills in and a natural flair for interpersonal communication and relationship management
- Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects
- Flexible personality and work style that can adjust to different executive styles and expectations
- Ability to maintain discretion as you will be privy to confidential information
- Able and willing to travel and work outside regular business hours
- Corporate affairs, internal communications and/or operations experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the non-profit sector or similar workplace an asset
- Ability to work with senior level management to carry-out vision and objectives
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to work as a team player
- Proficient in MS Office
- Possess a Bachelor's degree, diploma or certificate
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world - supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
WE values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants requiring a disability-related accommodation at any stage of WE's recruitment process should contact the People Operations and Culture Department by email at . As required by applicable legislation, WE will consult with applicants requesting such an accommodation to ensure that WE's recruitment process takes into account their accessibility needs, including in relation to the materials or processes to be used by WE.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.